Traffic and Transport
Traffic and Transport Department is committed in training students in areas closely related to traffic and transport. Infrastructure, organization and management of traffic flow, respectively the functional connection of traffic infrastructure are prerequisites for economic development. Contemporary movements of frights and passengers require the combination of all branches of transport as well as developed and functional traffic infrastructure. Studies in this field are held at the Bachelor and Master level.
The program content in Bachelor studies enables students to gain an expanded base of engineering knowledge, sufficient skills and experience for individual and collective work in solving concrete problems in practice in the fields of traffic and transport, as well as provides an adequate basis for continuing studies further studies.
Upon successful completion of the basic Bachelor studies the student will be able to:
-Recognize the fundamental disciplines in the field of transport engineering at the level of contemporary trends and developments,
- Conduct the field data gathering and analysis of traffic flow nonlinearities,
- Estimate the capacity and level of service at different parts of road networks and particular nodes-intersections,
- Compile the traffic signal timing plans,
- Define the dynamic and static elements of the traffic network and determine the route and demand of transport,
- Road safety audit,
- Select adequate methods when planning movements.
Traffic engineers mainly work on the recording, analysis, planning, maintenance and development of road and rail infrastructure, traffic flow management in order to increase the level of road or rail safety.
The bachelor level course consists of compulsory courses and elective courses, which have a certain number of ECTS credits.
Depending on the student's choice, he / she can select same elective subjects in the field of the rail traffic.